The AVPI facilitated a 12-month program of engagement across 2022 to support the Australia-Vietnam Business Champion initiative, with the support of DFAT.
Three senior business leaders agreed to give their time to lead this program and spark conversations in key sectors that are important to the Australia Vietnam bilateral relationship. The discussions, recommendations and insights from these roundtables will form a series of policy briefings that will inform a Trade Delegation to Vietnam in October this year, and a recommendation report to the Australia and Vietnam Trade Ministers in 2023.
The Business Champions are Rob Gordon (CEO, SunRice), Martin Bean (former Vice Chancellor, RMIT) and Louise Adams (COO, Aurecon). To read more about the champions, the program and the publications released so far please take a look at the Business Champions page.
Six policy roundtables with selected senior business leaders were run across 2022. We kicked off with a roundtable in Melbourne and after brought the discussion to Adelaide, with Martin Bean and Louise Adams leading the discussion.
The AVPI is thrilled to announce that Senator the Hon Don Farrell, Australian Minister for Trade & Tourism participated in our Adelaide Roundtable via video message.
We gathered leaders and innovators who could offer key insights in doing business in Vietnam. Industry insights included in 1) the digital economy, 2) agriculture and food manufacturing, and 3) professional services.
Some of the questions that we wanted people to think about ahead of the day were:
- What specific engagements do you currently have with Vietnam and if you are not present in Vietnam what would help you engage? What’s worked well, what’s been challenging?
- What activities would you like to pursue and why?
- What are the barriers you face in doing more/any business?
- How could the Australian government better support you to develop collaborative activities to produce benefits for your business, sector and the country to country relationship?
- If you were asked to attend an Australian trade delegation to Vietnam where would you focus and why?
- What are the reciprocal benefits that you see from Vietnam supporting your business in Australia?
Attendance at all of the Business Champions Policy Roundtables was by invitation only. If you’re interested in future engagements or have suggestions on other businesses we should consider inviting, please contact [email protected]