Calling all tech entrepreneurs and businesses looking to grow in Asia. Join the Vietnam Business Briefing to learn more about the Fintech and Ecommerce opportunities in Vietnam, and key strategies to navigate Vietnam's digital ecosystem.
This business briefing was delivered by Asialink Business as an AVPI event. The briefing formed part of AVPI’s program of sectoral policy dialogues.
This briefing provided an overview of Vietnam’s digital economy with the spotlight on fintech and ecommerce. Speakers provided insights on the key drivers and technological enablers of Vietnam’s digital ecosystem. The session highlighted practicalities of accessing the Vietnam market and the audience heard from businesses who shared their approach, business model and considerations that factored into their decision making to enter Vietnam and their strategy for ongoing market operations
- Why engagement with Vietnam matters to Australian businesses
- Impact of COVID-19 on Vietnam’s economic growth and key considerations for doing business
- Key trends and issues driving opportunities for Australian business within Vietnam’s digital economy (eCommerce & Fintech sector)
- Understanding the risk profile for doing business in Vietnam’s digital economy
- Establishing expectations on return on investment when operating in-market
- Key strategies to navigate Vietnam’s digital ecosystem
Martin Bean CBE, Vietnam Business Champion and the previous Vice-Chancellor, RMIT University
Tim Aman, Partner – Audit and Assurance, BDO
Phillip An, Co-founder, Homebase
Sandra Tran, Director, Trade and Investment, Global Victoria
Moderator: Danielle Rajendram, Associate Director, Advisory and Insights, Asialink Business
The entire event recording is below.
6:00pm - 7:15pm AEST | 3:00pm - 4:15pm ICT