Viet Nam Now: The Way Ahead for Australian Business - NSW Case Studies
Australia and Viet Nam are natural economic partners. Viet Nam is a dynamic and rapidly-growing market, and one of Australia’s fastest growing trading partnerships. It is a key export market for New South Wales and central to the NSW Trade Statement.
- Supply chains reliability: Supply chain security is creating new complementarity
- Agri-food: Reliable brands matter as urbanisation increases
- Education: Hybrid learning, R&D partnerships and VET are priorities
- Diversiﬁcation and Urbanisation: Investment and urbanisation are changing the economy
- Technology: Great opportunities in areas such as ed-tech and ag-tech
This paper draws on the discussions at a jointly convened roundtable in June 2021 on the experiences of and outlook for NSW businesses entering the Viet Nam market. Government participants indicated that the Federal and NSW governments were closely aligned on what they thought the priority sectors are: agri-food, education and training technology and resources and energy.
To explore more papers from this series, see below or select ‘Working Paper’ from the resource type drop down menu on the Resources Page.